Thursday, March 7, 2019

International Journal Review (Part 2) : The Effect of Using Video Material in the Teaching of Listening Skills for University Students






Hello everyone!
-
-
In this time, I would like to continue my review journal that I've post last week. Same as yesterday, this journal still about education journal entitled "The Effect of Using Video Materials in the Teaching of Listening Skills for University Students".

So, last week I've shared you about this journal introduction, and now I would like to share to you about the journal's literature review.
1. Literature Review


In the review of the literature discussed about a model of learning processes and the authentic materials for language learning, The use of videos for language learning and related research. 

The strategy model used is Bottom-up and Top-down and also interactive processes. Bottom-up processing strategies emphasize individual components of spoken messages: the phonemes and individual lexical and grammatical elements which need to be understood in order to understand the message. In contrast Top-down processing strategies emphasize the purpose and the topic of the message (Nunan, 1998). 


Bottom-up and top-down processing is the view that concerns interactive processing comprehension, this means that listeners have to use many types of knowledge.


Acording to this journal, The authentic materials can come in a forms of written text, audio recordings of actual communications or video of conversations or dialogue, all containing content not intended to be used for language instruction.
The used of video in learning process can motivate the students more than other authentic materials because music and setting elements in video can entertain the students and then students can enjoy the learning process.


Maneekul (2002) conducted a study on using authentic material and tasks to enhance listening skill for undergraduate students majoring in English. The results revealed that students’ listening skill increased to a higher level when using authentic materials and tasks after watching native speakers’ video programs.


So guys I think that's enough for today, I'll be back soon at the next blog! 
*
*
Thank you guys!
I Love you!


-
-
-
(Will be continued)


Reference:
Woottipong, K. (2014) Effect of Using Video Materials in the Teac.hing of Listening Skills for University Students. International Journal of Linguistic, Vol. 6 No. 4, 200-202. Taken from URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5296/ijl.v6i4.5870

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review international journal: similarities and the differences between my first journal and second journal review

Hi friends! At this moment I want to share my new blog about  what the similarities and the differences between my first and second blo...